Membership card of the Legion of Carinthian fighters, 1938
Anton Šenica’s membership card of the Legion of Carinthian fighters, 1938
Maister’s fighters for the northern border of 1918-1919 began to connect and to participate in various organizations from 30s of the 20th century. According to the data collected so far, little less than a hundred volunteers have been involved in the battles for the northern border from the Kamnik-Domžale region.
They were also included in the Union of Warriors, which after 1931 joined veterans of the First World War. The veteran’s organization for the fighters for the northern border of 1918-1919 was the Union of Maister’s fighters in Maribor and the Legion of Carinthian fighters in Ljubljana. The Union of Warriors in Maribor was founded in 1933, bringing together participants from the fighters from Maribor and its surroundings, and the Legion of Carinthian fighters in 1934 as a non-political organization of fighters for the northern Slovene border fighting at the Carinthia from Carniola. Both organizations were abolished with the German occupation and after the end of World War II in 1945 they were again rebuilt.
In 1947 they joined the Carinthian partisans in the Union of Carinthian – partisan Maister’s fighters from 1918-1945. After the establishment of the League of Fighters, in 1948 they joined this organization as Section 1918-1919. In May 1966, they established their independent organization Union of Volunteers – fighters for the northern border of 1918-1919 and worked there until the death of the last fighters.