Kamnik' s trade mark
We are currently preparing an exhibition entitled Slovenska majolica, which also shows the development of Kamnik ceramics from the middle of the 19th century to the end of the Svit Kamnik factory.
The first ceramic workshop in Kamnik, the predecessor of the Schnabl factory and the post-war Svit Kamnik factory, was founded in 1855 by Florijan Konšek. In 1878, the workshop was bought by Blaž Šnabl and with quality ceramic products he managed to elevate it alongside the then very renowned Viennese ceramics. Even more successful was his son Rudolf, who began making ornamental pottery and majolica. At the end of the 1950s, the workshop was renamed Svit. During this time, the decorative painter Marica Ftičar got a job in the company, and with her arrival, the most recognizable period of making majolica with the stamp of a quality souvenir began today. At the end of the 1970s, the last four painters were employed in the decorative department, including Irena Radej, who still works with her colleagues within the House of Ceramics – why not majolica care for tradition and tradition.
A little fun and a little really solve the puzzle: rebus kamniška znamenitost, 2020